Wednesday, June 5, 2013

MIlkshake Chic Layout(s)

Hi everyone, Sharmaine here with not one but two layouts using the new Milkshake Chic range from FabScraps.
IMG_6684
The first page I created was this fun one that features papers from the range as well as clear stickers and chipboard.
IMG_6694
The first thing I did was to add some colour and texture to the funky glasses.
IMG_6685
Then it was a simple case of mixing some X-Press It Tripletac Glue with some glitter
And smearing a generous coating to the chipboard
IMG_6686
Once it was dry I added some FabScraps Rhinestones to the glasses
IMG_6697
I used the Jukebox sticker on my page and backed it with some of the pattern paper.
IMG_6696
Another tip is on how to alter the clear stickers.
Sometimes you don’t want the clear stickers to be totally clear.
So take the stickers and a piece of old book paper
IMG_6688
Then lightly place the sticker on the paper and then lift.
The paper should stick to the back of the sticker.
IMG_6689
You will be left with some of the text on the back of the sticker.
You should be able to rub off any text you don’t want.
IMG_6690
I also used some of the pattern paper to create a banner
IMG_6695
while another piece I cut around the image and placed it onto my page.

IMG_6698
The second page I created was inspired by the piece of pattern paper that was filled with milkshakes.
IMG_6701
Again I cut, and used, one of the images from the pattern paper.
I also ruffled the skirt on the image, to give some texture and dimension.
IMG_6705
and the awesome chipboard milkshake (with a cherry on top!)
I left raw and placed it on top of a layer of other milkshakes
(namely a sticker and pattern paper print of milkshakes.)
IMG_6706
The gorgeous retro colours and images definitely make you want to sit awhile in a milk bar, sipping on a milkshake and listen to the jukebox… don’t you think??
Happy creating
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment